Saturday, May 17, 2014

Conquer Your Fears #2

So I've been meaning to do this blog post for a few weeks...and then made excuses.
"I want a specific set up." (true)
"My room is freakin' messy." (true)
"We had a death in the family so I'm a bit sad." (true)
"I'm having issues with my friends and school...so I'm a bit sad." (true)
"The lighting is wrong."
"I'm eating a cookie."
"I'm drinking too much so it won't be good."


That last bit is true for tonight. So here's to another "Conquer Your Fears" segment and it's brought to you by Kohala and Coronoa Light.
Lemme say why this is such a huge fear of mine: I am so self conscious about my singing and I have, for the most part, always been. My best friend had to convince me to sing at her wedding and I was shaking while doing it. I want to be good at it and I just don't think I am so I usually equate my worth to my weight, grades in school, how I do at work and my singing. I know I shouldn't do this, but I do. Also, I bought my ukulele on Easter this year and I've only told a few people because people are busy and I know they'd ask to hear. I've been wanting to learn this thing for a while but I "knew" I wouldn't be good at it, so why share? Well, yeah know...I kinda need to do this to get over crap.






One more thing...I wanted to do this video differently, but I've had a few beers and I thought "What the hell?" I will probably regret it as the night goes on.

Also, read the comments section for more information on youtube. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment