Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Feature: An adorable mashup!!

October last year (2013), I had a date planned with a man I met online. We lived 4hrs away from each other, but agreed to meet in the middle, which was Monterey Bay, CA. I was SUPER excited....the date was horrible. A total disappointment, I was determined to find something adorable before leaving Monterey: enter Target. I shopped at Target for a bit and found this skirt, which I haven't really worn often.



Sooo I have this nifty friend, Pretty Nerdy Girl, who agreed to take some photos of me for my blog and one of my fears.
I was expecting to stroll over to her house, bring 2-3 outfits and we'd walk around outside, drinking Starbucks, eating ice cream, and it would be a low-key casual day.  
This blog writer was incorrect. 
Joey gave me a list of things which had me bringing over 3 BIG bags of clothes and she got super professional on me. Shit got crazy...she was bossing me around:
"Take this off!"
"Try this and this together!"
"Stop giggling so much!"
"This is gonna take this forever!"

To be fair, I tend to make weird faces when I get uncomfortable in front of the camera; case in point:
This picture could have been cute...but I ruin things.
So after a few attempts at taking some photos, Joey said "OK, look at these..." And I saw how not professional or great I look when I'm fuckin' around, so I put my professional, grown-up face on and pretended to not be self conscious. My verdict? I really like these photos and, as usual, I have to hate something: my legs. But you know what? There is nothing that I can do about it right this second, so it is what it is. 
 
 In closing, I'm really glad she agreed to help me with this. She took more (more to come!!!), but I kinda can't wait for another session! And some of these may help me with my soon-to-be dating profile. This will also be documented here, too.
Want these things? Below is a list of clothing close to it (and I may even stop by Lane Bryant this week to pick up the dog shirt listed below!)
Tee: Lane Bryant
Skirt: clearance at Target
Close: Target or Old Navy
Cardigan: Ross 
Close-ish: One Stop Plus (not close, but ADORABLE)
Clutch: thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment