Monday, November 3, 2014

The Arms of Doom



We all have things we don't like about ourselves and if you read this, I'm sure you know there are many things I don't like about me. But I hate my arms. A lot. I've posted many pictures on this blog that I never DREAMED I would be showing people. My arms are bigger than other women who are typically my size and they're so big, that I often have to try on 2 shirt sizes when shopping.

That being said, when preparing my Halloween costume this year, I knew photos would be taken and since I work in a sauna warm office, I was planning to wear a short sleeved shirt. But short sleeves + camera = visualization of fat arms. So I decided to bring a black cardigan for coverage.

My co-workers friends and I decided to take some photos before the end of the day and, as you can tell, no cardigan! As I walked to my friend's office, I momentarily thought about grabbing said cardigan, but then said "Hey self, don't revert back to your old ways." I feel the photos aren't bad, especially since I prefer angled shots (no straight on, as these ones are). Also....I was Cat Stevens and Joey from Pretty, Nerdy Girl was a dinosaur. I want one. Our friend Logan was Bellatrix Lestrange from the Harry Potter series.



My classic face is courtesy of my face.
 
My Mi Amore and myself (she was a Beanie Baby)
 
Me being normal as always
 
 
The photos are brief and though they may not seem like much, I feel it's a small victory in my fight of...being me? I'm not sure, but I'm pleasantly surprised that I don't detest the photos. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment