Saturday, February 1, 2014

Angel food cake = Devils food cake

At work tomorrow, we have a potluck tomorrow at work because it's the Super Bowl and we're hungry....so, yup.

Anyway, since I don't often make super sweet stuff, I decided to make 2 sweet things to bring, since most people are bringing things like dips and wings. I decided to try a recipe I found in Pinterest, which lead me to this blog, which has INCREDIBLE photos!! Anyway, I grabbed all the supplies, headed home and started making these delicious thingies. It wasn't until I'd already cut the package that I noticed I had picked up white angel food cake mix instead of white cake mix. No biggie, right? I've baked and cooked enough in my life time to have made simple mistakes like this and everything has ALWAYS turned out fine.



I was wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. I promised these people 2 sweet dishes and now they're going to get only one. I seriously feel like an asshole.





It's all very bad!!! The edges are really hard, it bubbled over, making a mess in the stove and the middle just sank. These are not cookie-bar-thingies, they're horrible!!! I'm so mad I just didn't go back and get a box of white cake. :'(



UPDATE:

I tried it. It did not go well. 

 


 This is my "I made a mistake" face.
It was just far too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment