Saturday, February 8, 2014

The start

This coming Tuesday is the bariatric class I have to take in order for my doctor to give me a referral for the bariatric doctor. I am not nervous to take this class, as I've taken it before. I am, however, impatient to get the whole damn process started and I am nervous that I'll be turned down. Why would I be turned down? For a few very good reasons.



While I don't know exactly what requirements it would take to turn down a patient, I know there is a few psychological appointments that need to be had with a psychologist, which make me nervous. I have a strong history of depression and I've had many appointments with psychologists and psychiatrists for many reasons and I am worried this will count against me. I am also worried to mention to the doctor that I am looking forward to being treated better by people and to possibly find a man that doesn't think I'm disgusting or "one of the guys." I know many people feel that losing weight won't help me find someone to date/be with, but that is statistical shit. Shit. Need sources? I guess I could look up some scientific studies, but I'll list them and site them later. Trust me though, I read a lot of science, social and anthropological studies and articles. Also this blog that I found kinda made me say a silent "Yes!"

Anyway, I am so aware that it may look like I want to get the lap band surgery for superficial reasons, but it's for a lot of reasons, in one, very large package.

And a beautiful picture....!!

This is how sexy is brought back.

No comments:

Post a Comment