Friday, March 28, 2014

This is some good info

This past week, a friend posted this list of 30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself which really, really struck a chord with me; so much so, that I sat over my lunch in the break room at work and fought back tears.



#3 Stop lying to yourself
This one stuck out to be because as I've grown up, I've let others teach me things about myself. Instead of me teaching them, I let others tell me who I am. how I am, what makes me and I've believed them all the way into adulthood. When faced with certain situations, I've very often denied myself that pleasure of life because I was told that I couldn't do _____ or that I would look wrong doing _____. All of these criticisms were centered around my weight and I really need to stop letting myself lie to me. I think I'm in a spot in life to say that I deserve a bit more.

#5. Stop trying to be someone you're not
This one definitely rings true for me as I try so hard for people to like me and, unless I don't like someone, I'm secretly crushed to find they don't like me. I then spend so many days mulling over what I could have done to make them not like me. It really is exhausting!

#16. Stop being jealous of others
The big one. This is the big one for me. See, I'm a "wanter" and if you have something I want, I'm instantly jealous that I don't have it. Women like Tess Munster make me happy, inspired and jealous all at the same time. Happy to see someone who is larger than a size 12 becoming big (no pun) in the modeling world, inspired because I can look at her and see a possible Sheena....and jealous because of everything she has. I'm jealous of her photographic face (mine takes MANY angles to look OK), her smooth fat (mine=not fucking smooth!!!), her tattoos, her pucker face, her breasts (seriously, mine don't match up to my body), jealous that she's a model and jealous she has SUCH A HOT MAN. Damn her. At one point, I even stopped following her on Instagram and Facebook because it was seriously making me sad to see all the things she has and I don't. But I really need to work on this because that is not a healthy way to go about life.

 
 Tess Munster
 Tess Munster!
 Tess Munster!!!!!
The Beautiful Tess!!!!



As you can see, she is gorgeous!! Check out her Instagram, FB and website. Seriously, if you don't fall in love with her, you may have no soul. 

Picture time!!!!
Though I pale in comparison to Tess, I told myself I'd post a photo with every post and I need to stick to it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment