Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Today = Not Great

I am 30 yrs old and I haven't had a boyfriend in a long time.
I feel like everywhere I look, I see couples of families, having a good time, loving each other, etc. When I try to talk to friends about this, I feel they placate me emotions by saying "Oh you'll find someone" or "You're beautiful and soon a great guy will see it." I am so damn tired of this and I know they're tired of my bitching. So I've stopped complaining about it and have been bottling up my emotions.

The advice my friends have given me is incredibly minimal and things I've tried. Things like online dating, meeting people through friends and going out to places by myself. I've done ALL of this ad nauseam and nothing, NOTHING has come of this. I'm so tired of feeling like the odd man out and feeling ignored. Men over look me or give me a passing glance; it's obvious I'm nothing in their eyes.

But why does this happen? I know, and know of, many fat women who have boyfriends/husbands/a stream of lovers and I have no one. What are they doing right that I'm doing wrong? I honestly feel like I'm doing something wrong and it would make sense as the only common factor is me. For the record, I don't go for a specific type of guy, all my ex's and the guys I've gone on dates with have been pretty different. I just don't know what's wrong with me.

I don't want to be alone my whole life, but I've been single for most of my life so when is this going to end?



I don't know why I took this picture. I thought it would be good to start taking "real" pictures; ones where I have minimal/no makeup on and where I'm not trying to look cute. I may be wrong in my assessment of this photo, but I think it's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment